Real Property Agent - $2,000 Signing Bonus!
Salary: $50,357 - $88,125
https://tinyurl.com/ywvc2aaj by January 24, 2023 at midnight EST to be considered.
How to Apply
You MUST apply at
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork. We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 240+ reviews.
Don't take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at
New Higher Salary: $50,357 - $88,125 plus $2,000 signing bonus!
We are looking for a Real Property Agent to join our Division 2 Right of Way team in Pitt county.
In this role you will:
· Manage the acquisition of Rights of Way for Highway Construction such as:
· Contacting owners of right of way to be acquired,
· Explaining our plans,
· Describing rights of way to be acquired,
· Making monetary offers based on appraisals and damages, and
· Explaining how our appraisal offer amount was determined.
· Prepare deeds and easement agreements for the acquisition of rights of way on highway projects and secondary roads.
· Complete necessary courthouse research to determine owners and existing rights of way.
· Handle relocation assistance for a highway project by assisting displaced residential and business displacees in moving and relocating off the proposed right of way.
· Assist in moving personal property including signs, billboards, and other items associated with the clearing of the project.
· Assist individuals in locating, purchasing and or renting replacement property along with any other real property duties assigned by the Right of Way management team.
What You Bring
· Experience composing written communication effectively with different audiences.
· Experience managing multiple priorities within specified time requirements.
· A successful team player with skills to perform work-related task/duties independently or with limited supervision.
· Experience reading and interpreting design documents, legal documents, business documents, or construction plans.
· Customer service skills to deal with the public daily, advise owners of their rights, and how they will be affected by roadway construction projects.
· Knowledge of the requirement of federal & state regulations regarding the Uniform Relocation Act, and highway right of way and construction plans, including cross-sections, typical sections of profiles.
· Ability to prepare legal instruments of conveyance describing areas of right of way to be acquired.
· Ability to interpret and convey to the public the requirement of federal, state, and local laws and regulations concerning the acquisition of highway rights of way.
· You may be required to work nights and weekends.
· You must become a Notary Public from the NC Secretary of State's office within 2 months of hire and maintain the title throughout employment.
Education & Experience
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Real Estate, or a related field (e.g., civil/structural engineering, architecture), and
· 2+ years of relevant experience in general real estate; or
· High School/GED diploma, and
· 7+ years of relevant experience in general real estate; or
· An equivalent combination of training and experience.
Call me: Rhonda Taylor at 252-439-2846.
Connect to NCDOT Careers on
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs