The Examination Services Unit is accepting applications for the following examination:
Career Executive Assignment (CEA A)
Department of Consumer Affairs
Bureau of Real Estate Appraisers
Deputy Bureau Chief of Enforcement
Application Final Filing Date: October 18, 2023
To view the examination bulletin, click on the following link:
Deputy Bureau Chief of Enforcement
If you have any questions or need additional information, you may contact Twinkle Patel at (916) 659-7090 or Twinkle.Patel@dca.ca.gov.
This email has been approved for distribution by Olivia Trejo, Chief, Office of Human Resources
Real Property Agent - $2,000 Signing Bonus!
Salary: $51,616 - $90,328
https://tinyurl.com/49pnec29 by July 5, 2023 at Midnight EST.
How to Apply
You MUST apply at
This posting is for 2 openings and your application will be considered for both of them!
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork. We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 250+ reviews.
Don't take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at
NEW HIGHER SALARY: $51,616 - $90,328 + $2,000 Signing Bonus!
We are looking for 2 Real Property Agents to join our Pinehurst Right of Way team.
In this role, you will:
· Acquire rights of way for highway construction.
· Contact property owners regarding right of way to be acquired, explain plans, describe right of way to be acquired, make monetary offers based on appraisal/damages, and explain how appraisal offer amount was determined.
· Prepare deeds and easement agreements for the acquisition of rights of way on highway projects and secondary roads.
· Handle relocation assistance for a highway project by assisting displaced residential and displaced businesses moving and relocating off the proposed right of way.
· Assist in moving personal property including signs, billboards, and other items that are associated with project clearing.
· Assist individuals in locating, purchasing, and/or renting replacement property.
· Collaborate with the Property Management team and provide local assistance in the clearance of right of way through the sale/disposal of structures/buildings acquired with the right of way.
· Collaborate with Utility Unit staff in the relocation/adjustment of utilities on primary/secondary roads.
· Assist and collaborate with our Attorney General's office in the litigation/mediation of condemnation cases.
What You Bring
· Experience composing written communication effectively with different audiences.
· Experience managing multiple priorities within specified time requirements.
· Skills performing work-related tasks independently with limited supervision.
· Great teamwork skills.
· Experience reading and interpreting design documents, legal documents, business documents or construction plans.
· Ability to:
· Contact the public on a daily basis on their property in various settings to advise owners of their rights and how they will be affected by the project.
· Interpret highway right of way and construction plans, including cross-sections and typical sections of profiles.
· Prepare legal instruments of conveyance describing areas of right of way and easements to be acquired.
· Interpret and convey to the public the requirements of federal, state, and local laws and regulations concerning the acquisition of highway right of way.
· Interpret and convey requirements of federal/state regulations regarding the Uniform Relocation Act.
· Night and weekend work may be required.
· You must become a Notary Public from the NC Secretary of State's office within 6 months of hire and maintain it throughout employment.
Education and Experience
· Bachelors degree in Business, Economics, Real Estate or related field (i.e., Civil or Structural Engineering, Architecture), and
· 2+ years experience in general real estate; or
· High school/GED diploma and
· 7 years experience in general real estate; or
· An equivalent combination of education and experience.
· We may consider trainee candidates if there are no qualified who meet the minimum education and experience. Trainees may be paid lower than the listed hiring range, and it will be adjusted up as you obtain the education and experience to fully meet the position qualifications.
Call me: Heather Hensley at 910-773-8006.
Connect to NCDOT Careers: https://linkedin.com/in/ncdot-careers
Explore more NCDOT jobs: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs
USPAP Compliance Review Examiner
SD Appraiser Certification Program
Work remotely to perform compliance reviews of appraisals involving an allegation of non-compliance, or a formal complaint against a licensee, or conduct a review of appraisals related to a new, midway or upgrade for licensure or certification.
For more information call: Anna McCarthy 605.773.3803
For a detailed listing of required and preferred Qualifications: https://dlr.sd.gov/appraisers/documents/examiner-notice.pdf
ANNA MCCARTHY | Executive Director
DEPARTMENT OF LABOR AND REGULATION
Appraiser Certification Program
123 W Missouri Avenue | Pierre, SD | 57501
605.773.3803 Desk * 605.653.9032 Cell | dlr.sd.gov